Friday, May 20, 2011

Nicole by OPI You're An Angel and a Glitter Mess?

Nicole by OPI You're An Angel
Nicole by OPI You're An Angel 2
Nicole by OPI You're An Angel
I loved the mermaid tail mani but sometimes I get a little self conscious of dark fingernails. I love the way they look but somehow I just don't feel super comfortable in really dark nails - especially in the spring/summer. Anywho, I wanted to re-create the magic of the mermaid tail but in pink! I actually wanted to do a light petal pink - but I don't own such a colour - YET. So I tried NOPI You're An Angel and this colour is so up my alley. I love this colour pink! It's a warm pink with a beautiful vibrant glass fleck shimmer. Just so gorgeous! But marching on with my plan I decided to yuck it up with Anna Sui 300.

Anna Sui 300
Anna Sui 300 2
Anna Sui 300 over Nicole by OPI You're An Angel
Oh boy, I am not liking where this is going. I looks so... um tacky to me. It's funny that I love the most garish nails and yet some glitter I just can't stand. I guess this one is that. I have a sneaky suspicion I'm gonna hate Happy Birthday on the nail too. Well, all is not lost. I'm going to try my little duochrome overlay tomorrow and see if I can dial the tacky back - either that or really gum it up bad. Good thing for acetone!

No comments:

Post a Comment