Sunday, May 29, 2011

Essie Meet me at Sunset with Essie Matte About You and Shiny French Tips

Esssie Meet me at Sunset with MAY Tips
Esssie Meet me at Sunset with MAY Tips 2
Essie Meet me at Sunset with Essie Matte About You
I have been wanting to try a funky french matte manicure for a while. This is that manicure! I used scotch tape to block of the tips and applied Essie Matte About You along the nail. I peeled back the tape and voila! Instant monochromatic funky french manicure. I think the next time I do this I will try applying the Matte About You over the whole nail and then free hand a top coat for the shiny tips. I'm not crazy about how the tape worked. It looks a little crooked. I think it's just the shape of my nails. It's very in fashion right now to have square or squoval nails. Unfortunately my natural shape is much more oval so I think the tape is just too straight for my nails. I do like the interesting texture. What do you think? Do you like matte effects?

5 comments:

  1. I think this looks amazing! such a fun and different mani without being OTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this one!! Very fresh and original. I want to try this sort of funky french too for a while now, but just don't find the time. Or courage, for that matter, I don't think I have the hand for this sort of thing. :) Yours looks wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ulmiel it is very easy to do. You should just give it a go. All you need is some scotch tape. It's pretty quick and not to in your face. You can always remove it if you don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. In fact, I love this blog in general! You know I don't really go in for polish myself, but your passion and attention to detail is impossible not to enjoy. And the photography -- delicious. It's like... your nails are fantastic beads you wear on your fingertips!
    love ~~

    ReplyDelete