Thursday, April 28, 2011

Joe Fresh Cobalt and Nicole by OPI Top of my World

I stopped by my Superstore to check out what they had in store for nail polish. They had a newly installed giant rack with rainbows and rainbows of polish. I love racks of polish organized by colour family. I have reoccurring dreams of colourful, plentifull racks, and they are all super cheap! Needless to say, I picked up a couple. I really like Joe Fresh polishes. They come in a cute little bottle, they aren't too expensive and they are only available in Canada. I guess it's maybe a little weird, but I like having special polishes that the US doesn't. Maybe it's because I feel overshadowed and jealous of the neigbours to the south, who seem to get all the good stuff! (no, I'm not bitter!) Anyway! :D Here is Cobalt.

Joe Fresh Cobalt
Joe Fresh Cobalt 2
Joe Fresh Cobalt
This is not the colour I think of when I hear cobalt. I think much deeper and darker. However, this polish is so pretty and saturated. I love me a vibrant, saturated hue.

I've been wanting to try out this glitter from Nicole. The glitter disappears a little on the blue because it is the same colour but that makes it a little more subtle. The glitter is lovely but it is so gloopy and the clear suspension polish is a bit murky which I don't like. I toped it with a top coat and that made it much more vibrant and shiny so it worked out well. Gotta say, I hate Nicole's bottle and brush! They are lucky they are making some killer shades or else I doubt they'd be getting any love from me.

Nicole by OPI Top of my World
Nicole by OPI Top of my World 2
Nicole by OPI Top of my World

6 comments:

  1. This colour looks pretty on you. Sorry to ruin the fun, but we will soon have to share the Joe Fresh love with the American as they are opening a store in NY this fall. But we're Canadian, friendly and generous, aren't we? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Halifax Boo! Yes I heard about this. Haha. So much for our exclusive nail polish brand. You're right, I need to remember my friendly and generous Canadian roots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is gorgeous! I am jealous of our lack of Joe Fresh down here. Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SUCH a vivid blue! I can't WAIT for Joe Fresh to come to 5th Ave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel better, I wish I lived in Canada! :D

    Also, the Nicole polish on top takes it to the next level! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @GothamPolish You're lucky to live in New York! You must have access to all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete